6 Welding Tips All Fabricators Should Follow
Fabrication is a steadily growing industry, and we would like to give some tips to anyone interested in working as a fabricator. To do this we will tell you our 6 welding tips that all fabricators should follow:
- 1) Always properly clean materials prior to welding so that there is not grime or rust in the way that hurt your chances of making a good weld on your first try.
2) Always setup your workstation in a way that you are able to comfortably manipulate the materials that are being working on, while keeping a good view of the weld by holding your head to the side of any smoke produced during the welding process.
3) Safety should always be a fabricator’s top priority when welding. Welding should always be done in a well ventilated location, and you should always wear the proper protection for your eyes and skin. When welding indoors always stand on a dry rubber mat, and when outdoors stand on a dry board to protect from electrical shock.
4) Stay calm and comfortable when welding. This will help limit fatigue and decrease chance of injuries associated with repetitive movements.
5) Know the properties associated with the materials being used, especially how they react to heating and cooling.
6) Be ready to troubleshoot when things don’t work out how you expected. This is a key skill to have when working as a fabricator because it can cut down the costs associated with rework of a product.
All of us a Pro Weld hope that you enjoyed this list of welding tips!
Schedule YOUR Welding Job – Call or Email Us Today!